Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's Been A While

I haven't written anything substantial in my blog for sometime. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, or anything interesting going on in my life. In fact, it has been quite the opposite. I have been very busy lately.

Let's rewind a couple of weeks: I love Halloween, it is one my favourite times of the year. But it's always a crap shoot; I either have many parties to go to, or none at all. This year it was the former. I was invited to three Halloween parties, but with one in Vancouver, one in North Van and one in White Rock party-hopping was out of the question. Colin and I ended up at Tina and Mark's in White Rock. It's always a good party at that house. I dressed up as Batgirl, and Colin dusted off his Joker costume, that was a huge hit in 2001 and again, this year.

Last weekend I was very busy. On Friday I went to the dentist, Curves and went shopping (both clothes and grocery). On Saturday I headed to North Van for a day of quilting. Yes, that's right, quilting. Two of my sorority sisters are excellent quilters and decided that we should make a t-shirt quilt using old sorority t-shirts, to auction off for our Centennial Fund. So I really did learn something new this past weekend - 6 of us spent the day working on internal stitching. I know it doesn't sound that exciting or glamourous, but I had fun, and enjoyed the time spent with my sisters.

That evening Colin and I headed to the first of two 30th birthday celebrations that weekend. That night we spent the evening celebrating Shawn's (Colin's ex-roommate) birthday, and on Sunday night we went to a Karaoke Bar on Alberni to celebrate Matt's (one of Colin's groomsmen) 30th birthday.

So far I have no plans for this weekend. Tonight Colin and I are going to a sports bar to watch the Canucks-Avs game. I guess I will have to see where the weekend takes me.

Next weekend I am going to the CHS Bazaar, and will be attending a class reps tea. Yes, in a moment of weakness or maybe insanity, I signed to be a class rep for the class of 1996. It could be interesting...

No comments: