Friday, September 25, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

No, it's not Christmas. And, as Staples would have you believe, it's not back-to-school either. It's the start of the hockey season!

Despite a loss to Anaheim last night (in OT mind you) the Canucks are on fire this pre-season. And I was fortunate enough to see some live pre-season action, as boring as it was.

Last Saturday, around 7:00 p.m. Colin and I were at the future shop in Lansdowne, looking for a new t.v. series to pick up. I received a call on my cell from my brother's girlfriend - we have connections to Canucks tickets once again. She had some extra tickets (free!).

It was too perfect. Other than late-night sushi, we had no real plans, and I had been gunning to try out the Canada Line. What luck that there should be a stop at Lansdowne, and since we were planning to return to Richmond for sushi, it made sense to hop on there.

We arrived at GM place halfway though the second period. But we didn't miss too much, since all the action happened in the last seven minutes of the game. It was fun, just chatting away, hanging out in the rafters (very back row!). I was half watching the game, and half imaging what it's going to be like in GM Place for Olympic Gold medal hockey! And we won't be in the rafters either. We don't have our exact seats yet, but they're lower bowl, between the bluelines...

But I don't have to wait until February for more hockey at GM Place. I got the other money hockey ticket too... Canucks versus Leafs!

Even if the Canucks bite the big one, this personally will be an awesome hockey season for me.

Oh yeah, I just handed in the work hockey pool picks today...

No comments: