Friday, March 18, 2005

Friday Night Blahs...

It's not that late on a friday night, and here I am, sitting in front of my computer, getting rid of my frustrated and agitated feeling by pounding away at the key board. Normally I am happy to stay in friday night and unwind. But usually there is someone to hang out with, when I'm in the mood, but not tonight. Even Colin is out tonight. I feel like I am going crazy right now. I have so much pent up energy, even though I worked out today.

I think the frustration and agitation is from thinking to much about my current job situation: it's not what I want to be doing; I am capable of so much more; I am going nuts because there is no challenge to it and I feel like my grey matter is not getting the work out it needs. And to top it off I barely make enough money to get by on - so damn frustrating.

Of course, good things come to those who wait right? But, the early bird also catches the worm.... I can't say it enough, I am so frustrated, it's eating away at me. I need to be doing something challenging, something that uses my talents and taps my potential.

I don't regret going to business school and getting a marketing diploma, but I am just so annoyed. Here I am with a degree from UBC and a diploma from BCIT - it's supposed to be a killer combo - so why isn't it working? Have I fallen into the lazy trap of "I have a job and I'm making money?" I guess I have, but now I am ready to get out of that trap and move up and on, to something bigger and better...

No comments: