Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Most Organized - Least Stressed Bride....

Well I think I can claim that title for the time being. I've had a few, small stresses along the way: such as worrying as to whether or not the RVYC was actually booked for August 12 and when I thought six months was a long time, but then realized I had been engaged for five and that time had flown by so quickly, and there was the intial bridesmaid fiasco...

I now have five months till I get married and most things are done or underway. A huge weight was lifted this past weekend when I met with the florist: she is amazing and I love what we came up with for the bouquets and table decorations. And that's another thing: centrepieces are done - I originally wasn't going to do flowers and make my own - floating candles or something along those lines. My brother pointed out, however, that with the usual heat of August, candles might not be a great idea and it doesn't get dark until late. So now I don't have to worry about any decorations - Ali, my florist is going to take care of all of that!

My biggest concern with the flowers is that Colin is allergic. Of course roses are fine, but there was glitch for a while - with the heather. How can you have a Scottish wedding and no heather. The florist give me a few sprigs to take home and see if Colin has an allergic reaction to them - luckily he was thinking of another flower, very similar to heather, that causes his allergies to act up.

So now it's mostly small things - the only big things left are the cake and finding a justice of the peace. And I have five months to go. My plan is to enjoy the summer and try to make it up to Whistler for the BC Day long weekend, only a week and a half before the wedding. The trip is somewhat important and special because this BC Day is our seven year anniversary and the last time we will be celebrating our anniversary on August 1st! Next year it moves to August 12th.

So for now I remain the world's least stressful and most organized bride - but that could all change, but I hope it doesn't.

No comments: