Thursday, May 19, 2005

Finally...

My career starts on May 30th. Yes, if you haven't heard, I finally landed myself a job in marketing. I will be taking on the role of Promotions Coordinator for Planet Bingo, a division of BCLC (BC Lotteries). It is a cosmic bingo hall, and the simplist way to describe my job is that I have to get bums into seats...

The best thing is, I finally get to put my BCIT schooling to use. It has been almost a year since I graduated, and I am feeling a little rusty, but I am sure I will be fine once I get into the thick of things.

In some ways it is hard to leave WPGA, even after my great desire to no longer be a secretary and put my talents (and intelligence) to some good use. It has been a fun place to work; the students are cool; and the staff is a lot of fun to hang out with. But, Planet Bingo seems like a lot of fun as well. It appears to be very laid back and casual - hell they are giving me all the time off I need for the wedding, and time for the honeymoon. They also have the choice to work flex hours: I will be working 9-5, but if you put in extra hours here and there you get every other friday off - every other weekend, a long weekend? Sounds like a good deal to me.

I have gone from feeling really nervous, to excited, but I am sure the nerves will return on May 29th.

So no more bitching or ranting allowed about how bad my job is (unless my new job really sucks, but I don't think it will)... I am now in a position where I am getting paid more (always a bonus) and launching my career.

No comments: