Monday, May 16, 2005

Where did it go???

For the most part when I put my contacts in, it is uneventful. Every now and then a speck of dirt makes its way onto the contact, so I just blink my eye, pop it out, clean it and pop it back in.

This morning, though, my left eye started to sting like crazy. I reacted by shutting my eye tight, but when I opened it there was a hazel eye staring back at me, not a green one (I wear green tinted contacts). My assumption was that the contact had popped out of my eye, as is common when you close it too fast.

This is wear it pays to wear coloured contacts - when you drop them, they are easy to find. But I couldn't see my contact anywhere: It wasn't in the sink or on the edge of the sink; it wasn't on the floor. I began shaking my clothes to see if it was stuck on me, but to no avail. I then checked to see if I put the plug in... I did. So where the hell was my contact?

I remember someone telling me once that contacts could go to parts of your eyes where they weren't supposed to go; someone else told me that just doesn't happen. But the upper part of my eye felt irritated - it couldn't have...

I gently lifted up my eyelid, and again it pays to wear coloured contacts - I saw the edge of the contact poking out; after a split second of feeling completely grossed out, I blinked my eye and the contact popped right into place.

So, it is possible to loose your contacts to unknown parts of your eye - I just hope it isn't a frequent occurance!

No comments: